With over three decades of experience practicing Bankruptcy and Social Security law in Buffalo, Paul Pochepan can help consumers facing financial hardships and disabled individuals and their dependents. He has helped many Western New York consumers navigate the bankruptcy system under chapter 7 or chapter 13. He also helps Buffalo-area residents apply for Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or appeal Social Security Administration decisions denying, reducing, or revoking benefits. In addition, he has accumulated a wealth of knowledge regarding the multiple medical impairments afflicting disability claimants and dealing with the medical profession to secure the support necessary in these matters.
Mr. Pochepan is a frequent speaker to community groups and has appeared on television and radio programs discussing trending issues from his practice areas.
Mr. Pochepan also practices in the area of Estate Planning and Elder Law. He counsels individuals and families in the creation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care proxies, and guardianships. Sound knowledge of estate planning alternatives underlies Paul’s approach to estate planning.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers 2021-2022
- Best Bankruptcy Attorneys in Amherst, Expertise.com, 2021
- Legal Elite of Western New York, Buffalo Law Journal & Buffalo Business First, 2013, 2019, 2020
- Outstanding Bankruptcy Attorney, Volunteer Lawyers Project, 2009
- New York State, 1990
- Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- J.D. 1989, Syracuse University College of Law
- B.A. in Political Science, 1986, State University of New York at Buffalo
Professional & Community Activities
- Bar Association of Erie County, Member