Stephen R. Silverstein concentrates his practice on estate and disability planning, estate administration, guardianships, and elder law.
He is a graduate of the University of Rochester and the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law. He is a former bank trust officer, where he worked on the administration of estates, trusts, and employee benefit plans.
Mr. Silverstein is a member of the Bar Association of Erie County Surrogate’s Court Committee and serves as the Committee’s Recording Secretary. He is also a member of the Erie County Elder Law Committee Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association (Trusts and Estates Section, Elder Law Section).
He has spoken to community groups and appeared on radio programs to discuss his practice areas.
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Elder Law, 2023
- Super Lawyers, Upstate New York Edition, 2010 – Trusts and Estates
- J.D., 1980, State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law
- B.A. in English/ Political Science, 1976, University of Rochester, cum laude, with distinction in English
Professional & Community Activities
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Erie County, Member
- Niagara County Bar Association, Member
- Tiveron Law Attorneys are recognized in the 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- Tiveron Law Attorneys are recognized in The 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- Estate Planning CLE
- Introduction to Estates and Elder Law Presentation
- Estate Planning Presentations: Stephen Silverstein
- Estate Administration from Start to Finish
- Free Seminar – Introduction to Estate Planning
- Probate Boot Camp
- Bar Association of Erie County Annual Luncheon